Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One Year Later

Wow, it has been one year since Brandon's been gone. It seems like yesterday while at the same time it seems like its been forever. We miss Brandon so much. On this year anniversary we want to remember Brandon and share those memories with each other.
It's interesting to see how selfish I have been during these past months. All I've wanted was to have Brandon back. It has only been recently that I started realizing my selfishness. Brandon doesn't want to come back. He is rejoicing and waiting on us to come reunite with him. God has spared him the pain of this world, He has spared him the heartache, the violence, the anger, the affects of the fall of this world. I should be grateful, not selfish. So how do you do that? It's sure not done in our on Strength. Colossians 3:2 says set your mind on the things above not on the things that are on the earth. Oh how I have focused on things of this earth over the past year. It's time to refocus. It's time to focus on King Jesus, and his kesid lovingkindness. As I do that, will the pain be less? I don't think so but my focus will be on Christ instead of the pain. There is nothing the nearness of Christ can't overcome. I must surrender my understanding and my strength to God and realize that in my weakness He is strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."
You know it's not til we die that we truly begin to live. Brandon is having his first real birthday, he is fully alive rejoicing in the presence of Jesus our Lord. How awesome is that?
And for those of us still here we must rest in Jesus knowing His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
Psalm 46- God is our refuge and strength.
A very present help in times of trouble.
Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth should change
And the mountains slip into the heart of the sea;
Though it's water roar and foam.
Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah

God is our refuge and our strength
trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment